Hurray, I have healed enough to go out into the night with only light Shades on and as a bonus, I won't frighten little children. I will be a able to go to my favorite little Italian haunt for Bresole and field green salad, and scuaceritteli, a little red table wine and great atmosphere. The best thing about Piazza Italia is the is is so authentic, run by real Italians, and makes me feel like I am back in one of the neighborhoods meshing "with my People"! It will be a little celebration of just 6, possibly 7 people and a simple little evening. Just what I want. I am excited.
This morning I will get to go to Lindsay's classroom and help decorate some of her boards, make space plans, etc. I am anxious to see her new digs. It will be fun experience helping her plan her world out there. I am getting some posters made from her travels abroad and hope they will be available before her classes are in session. Should be nice to have some of her actual photo posters rather than the usual travel posters. I will definitely enjoy my morning with the Lindz.
I will have lunch with an old friend (who is an makeup artist and is anxious to see my restoration project). She will have hints for doing my makeup and emollients for soothing the still sore areas. She saw me three days into this project and was amazed how well I was progressing so I am anxious to see what she thinks now. Having practiced in San Diego for years, she knows her Facial plastic procedures. See, yet another birthday activity all about me. It will be far better than pin the tail on the donkey.
I believe Wednesday night my new "pen pal" and her family will be coming here for dinner. I am excited because after our girls night out with our daughters, I know there is sooooo much more to say. I was amazed at the conversation between the four of us, that the amount of wine consumed was commiserate with the amount of mother/ daughter roll reversal behaviors. God help me, I believe I have crossed over! I wonder how long it will take me to learn the new rules of the M/D game; you know the one where I her original thoughts, fight back tendencies to blurt out embarrassing childhood memories, and generally admit that things have changed since my time at this point in her life. All true I must say. Thank God again, that it's no longer my turn to learn how to build for the rest of my life, decide which friends I want to know 40 years from now, get a career moving, and generally do it all correctly. Bless the youngsters. I'll know they'll do it better. I am old enough now that if I accidentally hurt peoples feelings or say something foolish, I have an excuse. ha!
It's another ambien night due to a sleep machine that sound as though it in the depths with Jacques Cousteau, a my ever-lovin's constant flipping and flopping around trying to get comfortable. I am now into Olympic recaps!
I shall get my restorative beauty sleep and prepare for my birthday. Hurray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom you are better at blogging than me these days.
I may need some of the aforementioned ambien, having teaching anxiety sleepless nights already. Frick.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY I LOVE YOU.
Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have/had a great day and we are all excited to hang out tomorrow evening! You must tell us what we can bring!
Have a great dinner tonight!
XOXO!
Post a Comment