I had a great day going through the birthday plan. First went to my daughters new classroom with the idea we would get her bulletin boards up, decorations around, and help her organize the room the way she wants it. Unfortunately the "tool" of a teacher that had it before her left a real mess. Files full of old student work, torn up teacher resources, instructional CD's out of their cases, and a filthy desk. We spent our time sorting and tossing instead and will return tomorrow to "Lysol" clean the place and hang things up. It is a great space and will be terrific when it's the way she wants it. Tomorrow we will stop at a office supply place for some odds and ends she needs, get a few more Mexican items to add a little international flavor and color to the room and get going on the project. It will be great.
Lunch with friend was fun and learned about a new place to go for Reuben sandwiches and such. Of course I don't remember the name but will post it tomorrow! It's after 1:00 am again, so my memory fails once more! I really do need to address this insomnia problem. It's not incapacitating yet but I realize it could be so, got to figure out a way to get to sleep with the noise laying next to me. Drug him or drug me? hummmm. To be determined.
Had a fabulous time at Piazza Italia as usual. I love that it never disappoints. The food superb and the staff warm and homey. Just what I wanted for my birthday. Josh, LJ , husband and parents all had great meals and interesting company. My family is so off the wall sometimes, with bizzare conversations that come for now where.
I have noticed that now my parents are as comfortable talking about their dogs potty habits as they are about their own( it's an old thing I am told). Both subjects totally unacceptable and more than I want to know, but there it is. The dog is their baby so the poor thing has not one unobserved and documented moment in his life. I still do not want the lab notes on his bm's at anytime, much less at dinner! Size, shape duration, hang time,....gross! Thank G the restaurant is buzzing and we could change the subject in short order. BUT REALY?
I did feel comfortable taking out my new face. LJ has some photos I will publish tomorrow when I get them off her camera. Wow, I have come a long way. Never would have allowed a public photo even a week ago. See? I am growing!
I shal now tuck my one year older bod back into bed with the hope of catching some "z"s. More with photos later...of the dinner, not the dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks again for dinner - it was delicious and the company terrific. Must do again! Next time maybe at Jen's since I don't have a place here :-(
Post a Comment