My favorite cousins are in town and so it feels festive meals are in order.
woooow! This first night I started off with the idea to make a nice seafood pasta and went a little over the edge with the quantity prepared. As the cook sampled the wine, the recipe continued to evolve. Doesn't a saute of Shitake's, garlic,shallots, asparagus, shrim, scallops and crab in a heavy cream sauce mellowed with bit of Chardonnay sound Davine? The aromas from the kitchen were orgasmic and the flavors superb, however I feel I did a little too much pasta for the sauce kind of thing. It was sensational but I always need a second chance to adjust the recipe. Served with a salad of field greens, fresh raspberries, sliced figs prosciutto and raspberry vinaigrette. I think everyone was sated by the end of the evening. As I had overloaded my victums with carbs and artichokes, desert was out of the question, as was the desert wine. I didn't want to waste so I drank it myself.! YUmmmm. It's now three o'clock and I am writing this blog instead of sleeping waiting for the sleepy slam to hit me. Damn. My reward is that I get to enjoy the rest of the 4Th of July holiday with the cuzns enjoying great restaurants and events. Are you ready...no we are not going to the blues festival this year...we have opted for a bonefide rodeo. Farm barns, western cultural displays, and art show and let er, buck. Horse shit and hot dogs, eeeehaw! Gwad, I need to get to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That pasta was orgasmic mama! Touche. I have to say I am a little disappointed that you didn't save any dessert wine for moi. Traitor.
I am ready to wear your boots at the rodeo!
OMG that pasta sounds wonderful!
We loved meeting your darling daughter and Josh!
MOM WRITE A BLOG! You're in Sunriver and have plenty of time. Get witty already!
OK, that sounds divine. Love seafood pastas! ha ha, my word verification is mkyns. Sounds like minkees...
Post a Comment