Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am writing this before the kick off of the game between Oregon State University and the University of Arizona. I can still be hopeful and positive in my belief that we can go all the way to the Rose Bowl!

Wow...I was there in the meeting between Michigan and the Beavs in 64 as a student. I was so excited as my best friends brother carried the ball early on to the end zone for a touchdown. Oh Boy! We have a chance and we are on the board at the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately, it was the last time we would hear our fight song for the day, and we were beat by a score of 34 to 7 I think. Coach Prothro deemed we would kick on third downs, and is ever known as "Punt Prothro" to all of us who witnessed our demise. The results of the game did not dampen our overall experience. We had the most fantastic time being a part of it, doing New Years eve with the boosters, supporting the whole OSU experience.

I am hopeful for all old Beaver supporters and all the new Beavs who have come along since, that the event will take place. Getting by Arizona and then winning the "Civil War" with U of O will do it. But the scenario if we loose one on the way is interesting too. Lose to one team we go to San Diego to the Holiday Bowl and lose to the other, we go to Vegas. Both good deals but not the holy ROSE of them all.

Keep the good thoughts. GO BEAVS! More after the game today.

No comments: