
With all that has been going on in our lives of late, I think I neglected to say that my husbands little Nissan Truck was stolen right out of our driveway two weeks ago Sunday. We were so bumbed because we were home, our bedroom is right over the driveway, the dog growled, and yet we remained in bed groggy from a late night ride home from a Beaver game. That'll teach us to ignore our pup! He growled, went downstairs and growled again, came upstairs on the bed, looked at us, and as if to say, "Well, I told you dopes, now I'm going back to sleep", he crashed down in a ball and rejoined his snooze. Next morning when Bill went for the paper, he noticed something missing!
Long story short, they recovered the truck yesterday, without dammage but totally empty of gas and full of schizzle: Beer bottles, cigarette ashes and butts on the floors, floating spillage in the cup holders (no, I don't know what it is and I don't want to find out) and general filth. Our game jackets were of course gone along with our other gear we had left in the jump seat to clean out "in the morning". But, they left behind my prized hat. It is a fadora with OSU pins all around the hat band that I have been adding over the years. Can you believe they didn't take it? My daughter can; she says it's really dorky and laughs when I roll it out for games. I'm so pleased the rotters that took the truck thought it was dorky too! I'll have my lucky hat for the Arizona game right to the Rose Bowl! I know, I know, wishful thinking. So what do you think of my dorky hat?
1 comment:
I like your dorky hat - it has character! Wow, so sorry about the theft of your vehicle. It just makes for such a violated feeling. And your neighborhood is so nice. When we were moving to Minnesota our car windows were smashed in the parking lot of our hotel in Utah. It was such a horrible feeling, to know someone was so without any sort of honor or integrity. But of one thing I am sure...what goes around, comes around.
Post a Comment