Wow, I had no idea that the comment was on my blog regarding my daughter's broken engagement because it was written some time ago. It's probably good I didn't see it sooner because I would have responded, and frankly, it does not deserve response.
Anyone who knows me knows that I would never be malicious or purposely hurt someone. Especially Josh, who has been in the family and on vacation and a part of our family spectacles. Josh is a good and kind person. I will cop to expressing my concerns before the engagement because it is a mom's job. Who in the world would not? I cannot believe that as parents we are to remain silent. Once we had our talk and Josh had come to talk with us, we went with their decision and began planning for their wedding. I met his mom for lunch, and heard some of the same concerns from her I had shared with my daughter. See, it's what Mom's do. As stated before, we trusted our daughters judgement. I still do. She searched her soul, and determined what was best for both their lives, not just hers. What she did was so much harder than going on with the engagement.
I am sorry there are people who need to write the sort of comments left on my blog but understand your right to do so. Hopefully, you will direct your emotions and some good healing vibes toward Josh, who needs you. I don't intend to comment further on my blog about other peoples business, but will end with this thought; Kindness is more healing than venom, and Josh deserves positive feedback, not childish displays that tell him he used bad judgement in the first place. Be good to him if you are reading this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment