Once again I am experiencing the joys of remodeling our home; unfortunately, this is a repeat performance to fix mistakes made on the hardwood floors during the actual remodel project; which means I have zero patience and there is virtually no room for error in this process if I wish to keep my nerves inside my skin! We moved into my parents home (where there is no such thing as a silent moment), brought the cat and the dog along, and hunkered down for our two day wait. During the stay at parent-ville, my daughter got in her first car accident and scared hell out of me( a moms worst nightmare), I caught a cold, and haven't slept well in days. I need my own bed! It's soft and luxurious and large and spacious and I need it!
I spoke frequently with the contractor who pledged to fix the original problem of improper spacing in the floor and was assured of the fine progress they were making. We came back to our home three days later in horror to find that while the original spacing problem had been replaced with a beautiful finish, it was laid over over big gouges they had sanded into the middle of the kitchen floor. How, one might ask, did workmen, or "craftsmen" as the call themselves, not see this before the finish went on?
Holy Merde! Back to the parents chirpville for another two nights (this should be the last night), hoping all will be well in the morning. So I find myself sitting in the driveway where I can get a internet connection and blog and bitch away about the interruption of my life yet again for work that should have been long done, looking at the sawdust that somehow creeps through plastic draped shields, and wonder how many days it will take to suck all the crap out of the furniture and pots and pans, etc. POOP!
On the hopeful side, perhaps some luck is finally coming our way. My husband came how with a winning lottery ticket! How much you may ask. ME TOO. The lottery person says they cannot pay out the amount won at the 7-11, we must bring it to the Salem office to collect. That sounds really good don't you think? Well, it could be anywhere between $600. and 4.2 million! A spread I know however either end is more than we started with from friend lottery. But my imagination is having a hard time switching day dreams...what a difference between, say, paying for a birthday party for my family and lets say buying a new car, paying off our daughters school loans, fixing up everyone we love with a debt free start, getting a place in Spain or Italy. See the problem...you cannot dream of new manolo's on the $600 budget!
More later after we return from Salem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are about to start the process in our condo at Tahoe. I'm not sure about hardwood and ski boots, however. Not looking forward to the process, however.
Post a Comment