Friday, November 13, 2009
I saw my daughter as a bride
Today my daughter tried on her dress for her wedding in May. It is simple and beautiful and she looks exactly as I imagined she might. She wears it with such assurance and confidence. She belongs in that dress marrying that fiance at that time and living the life they will fill with all their worldly experience they bring to the table as well as the ones they will gather together. She was radiant, but more than that, she looked to me like a long awaited novel by the best author in the world about to have the first page turned and read aloud to a very special audience. OK, that's a little out there, but as a avid story teller, and one who appreciates the wonder in a full life lived, she is soon to write her own story with a partner who will complete each chapter with her and add to the excitement of creating a life together. Life is good when those we love most get it right. Wow, what a moment for this old momma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad to see you writing again! You have a wonderful way with words and I have always enjoyed your view of life. I was able to see your daughter and her new life through your words. She is going to be a spectacular bride, just as she is a wonderful and loving person. You must be so proud.
P.S. I love the necklace!
What a beautiful post! I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment