Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A months shot!

I can't believe I haven't taken care of my blog better over the last weeks. I seem to have dropped off and felt no inspiration to create myself, rather follow some really good blog writers and make lame comments. Mi apologia!

I have hibernated during the rain month and while my spouse heals from his latest injury/surgery. It seems I am easily brought into a rut by am too lazy to pull myself from it. Thank goodness it is once again to begin my part time consulting job at a local high school and begin testing students for state proficiencies. I realize that idleness does not suit me at all. It is so easy to become uninspired and uninterested in life around you if all you see and hear emanates from CNN and the spouse (equally trapped) grousing about the state of the world. I don't believe I wish to play this game any more and have determined to come out of my cocoon. It is Spring in my book folks, no matter the actual state of the calendar.

My first number was to take my mom to see "Wicked". She loved it! At 86 years young, she has the ability to transport to fantasy, use her imagination, and have as much fun as anyone around her. We have had a long relationship of going to the Opera and Broadway touring shows, but have not been for sometime. This was a treat and we so enjoyed ourselves. This production was every bit as good as the last time it toured through. So much fun. I am a lucky person to still have a mom that enjoys life and is fully capable of consorting with me. Our husbands do not enjoy the "theatur"!

For my second number, I shall try to organize my thoughts onto note cards for a novel idea I have had rolling around in my brain for some time. Perhaps that will get it out of the dark locker and into the daylight. Along with this process, I am going to begin going around my beautiful town (yes, it is beautiful with amazing locations for fabulous mind adventures) in order to photograph and site in the story line; to generate texture and color to the characters still embryos in my imagination. Not a bad start, eh?

For my third number, I want to get my husband on a plane to somewhere other than here for a weekend or so. I think the change would do him good if he is comfortable enough with the "hippage" for a little journey. Car travel is a little to confining for his leg so he needs quick transport of an hour or two. Any ideas for someplace sunny that close? We'll see.

Now, I am off to the dentist and then to work. I love my work now as it is not daily compulsory attendance, and when it is, I know there is an end to it....not at all like when I worked full time and had days filled with some of the things I really did not like. I get to cherry pick the best parts of my old job and make it happen. How cool is that.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love all your ideas! Heading your way tomorrow - we must get together and noodle your new adventures! If the girls can't or won't join us, then we'll do it without them. Ask L for J's phone number and she can get in touch with me, if this sounds good to you, too.

Lindz said...

Get out of that rut momma! If you need someone to shop with, I'm happy to oblige.

kanishk said...

this sounds good to you, too.
Work From Home