Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Obama
What a glorious morning for us in America and those people for hope and peace around the world. We watched with attention and pride as Obama took the oath of office and promised to restore to America it's place in the world. I believe that he will be a humanitarian leader to be trusted by the American people and the world at large as he moves through these next difficult years of repair and restatement of purpose. I have placed the flag of our nation on our porch for the first time since Bush invaded Iraq. I hope you had the opportunity to watch the new president and hear his words of hope and responsibility he has placed once again on the people of this country and the world. Though millions gathered on the mall in Washington, D.C., I have never seen such quiet and respectful appreciation for a leader in this nation. It was truley awe inspiring. The stories beginning to come from people standing in the masses to be a part of this moment are fabulous; people helping to carry the children of strangers to vantage points, strangers hugging one another, elders sharing with youngsters their personal stories of the civil rights movement, it goes on and on. Would love to hear from you and your thoughts if you did see any of the inauguration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, we watched. We are so hopeful that this is the beginning of our great nation regaining it's footing in the world and at home. I was so happy to see Bush get on that helicopter, knowing that this was the last time I would have to see him in any capacity, if I didn't want to. And I don't want to. I thought it fitting that Cheney was in a wheelchair, considering he helped put us in one.
God Bless America, and our new President!
Post a Comment