My husband is home from his hospitalization with a new hip, good attitude toward healing, and being more than a good sport about his circumstance. I am so glad that the healing of this hip (they replaced the ball he broke off his femur with a lovely titanium orb) is painful, but doesn't seem to compare to the pain he had with his knee replacement last year. It has been a busy and stressful week or so but it feels like we are turning the corner on this drama. The drug induced fantasies have gone, along with their entertainment value. Forgive me, but I did find humor in the 3 am calls from the hospital asking me when I would be meeting him back in our hotel room in Boise, Idaho. La la land does have it's moments!
I am still dumbfounded by the behavior of the people at the Raccoon Lodge. The hospital, Dr's offices, rehabilitation organization have all had really rude phone calls with the management which is really strange under the circumstances. I guess I should not be surprised after they offered no help during the emergency; no phone call to 911, no employee assistance, no nothing. We were totally invisible to them. Obviously our insurance company wants to work with theirs but there is just no communication. I have washed my hands of the negative vibe from these folks and put it in the hands of the people who know what they are doing, ie insurance companies, medical business offices, etc. I also gave them the names and phone numbers slipped into my pocket the night of the incident by those kind folks who helped us get an ambulance for my husband and covered him with their coats as he lay half out the door in the rain.
So now we are in the rehab mode and have a pretty good schedule going. The therapists that come to the house are wonderful and very encouraging. My husband is re-rehabing the knee, at the same time getting the hip strengthened and working toward good health again. We are so lucky that he is progressing so well. Here's to the new year with good health and gratitude that the worse of it is behind us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is so good to hear that a return to good health is on it's way. What a lousy thing to have happen. The Raccoon Lodge is not an establishment I will ever visit! But we found the same lack of responsibility when Jen had her near death experience with the surgery-gone-wrong. The first time the Dr. talked to me they missed a nicked artery - the next time - an artery came loose, but had been stitched - the next time - it was some other story they told Jen. The fear of litigation has made businesses, doctors, etc., unable to take responsibility. And with that goes all semblance of humanity.
hey jo lynne!!
lindz sort of let me here via her blog...holy cow, a whole lot of stuff has been going on for you guys.
i will be very glad to have some face time next weekend!! xoxoxooxxo
Post a Comment