Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Post from old August Blog

OLD BROADS AND HOT CARS
GAWD it's hot.
Now I love the heat, and generally do not complain no mater how bad it gets. But when the air goes out of the car, and the leather fry's my buns,...that's another story.
My air in the car has turned into a soap opera repair story. Bill took it to a gypo ma/pa shop where they put in more freeon and sent me on my way...but didn't help. Took it to Ford where they said it needed a $1300. part.(Not even the computer that runs everything, but a little door that flaps between heat/cold for the system). When I went to get it found that they had disconnected it instead of fixing it cause Bill said something that led them to believe that would be acceptable (something like"you've got to be kidding you screw artists!). I limped off the lot heading for yet another place Bill had found that may be able to fix the problem. By the time I got to Tualatin My car was 104 inside, I was stuck to the seat and having the vapors! I left it and for $820, I should have a car again sometime tomorrow. Old broads CANNOT be hot in their cars...period. The moral? Don't allow your husband to attempt to find a "deal" when it's "your" car and the temps in the 100's!

No comments: